Chair of this year’s Nominating Committee and the Board’s Immediate Past Chair, Dorothy Keating, is pleased to advise that Norm Dimmell, Vice President, Corporate Services for Emera Newfoundland & Labrador (Emera NL), a subsidiary of Emera Inc. (EMA:TSX)., is acclaimed as Second Vice Chair to the Executive of the St. John’s Board of Trade. Congratulations Norm and welcome to the Executive.
In October, the Board called for nominees to fill six vacancies on our Board in 2019 and we had eight candidates put their names forward. The following were elected:
- Kevin Casey, Executive VP & Partner, Cal LeGrow
- Debra Feltham, Partner, Feltham & Associates Chartered Professional Accountants
- Heather Stamp Nunes, Founder & CEO, Leadership Matters Inc.
- LeighAnne O’Neill, General Manager, The Royal St. John’s Regatta
- Joanne Slaney, General Manager, Altus Group Limited
- Douglas Wright, Counsel, Cox & Palmer
Thank you to Dorothy for Chairing the Nominating Committee and to our outgoing Directors for their service to the St. John’s Board of Trade.
- Immediate Past Chair, Dorothy Keating, Partner, Noseworthy Chapman Chartered Professional Accountants
- Director, Janine Browne, Director of Sales with PAL Airlines
- Director, Melissa Royle, Associate Lawyer, Benson Buffett
- Director, Jenny Smith, Creative Director, Ray Agency
- Director, Shirley Smith, Vice President Human Resources with The Cahill Group
Our new 2019 Board of Directors will be officially announced at our Annual General Meeting during Outlook 2019 February 6, 2019.