In a year of political and economic uncertainty, the St. John’s Board of Trade in partnership with the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, has identified 10 Ways to Build a Canada That Wins.
This is a list of key opportunities that Canada can seize right now in order to regain competitiveness, improve productivity and grow our economy.
- Promote Innovation and Harness the Power of Data
- Fight Global Protectionism
- Upgrade Canada’s Regulatory System to Get Natural Resources and Other Exports to World Markets
- Work with Business to Combat Climate Change and Maintain Canada’s Competitiveness
- Build Canada’s Brand
- Grow Small Business to Take on the World
- Build Digital Skills to Compete in the New Talent Economy
- Assure Better Access to Capital for Indigenous Entrepreneurs
- Dismantle Internal Barriers that Cost Consumers and Discourage Investors
- Encourage Investment by Cutting the Cost of Doing Business in Canada