We call them the five pillars…
These are the top reasons why members join the St. John’s Board of Trade. Member benefits save you money and provide opportunity. By taking advantage of membership with the St. John’s Board of Trade you can pay for your membership again and again.
- Advocacy and policy: The St. John’s Board of Trade is the voice of business in Newfoundland and Labrador. The Board’s policy and advocacy work is driven by special committees which are comprised of dedicated members who volunteer their time and are passionate about our city. These committees lobby all three levels of government on your behalf, focusing on issues that affect the businesses we represent.
- Networking and profiling: As a member of the St. John’s Board of Trade, there are many opportunities to network and profile your business.
- Luncheons and Lunch ‘n Learns
- After work Business Mixers and Coffee and Contacts
- Speed Networking
- Business Development Summit
- Golf Tournament and other exciting events
- Sponsorship opportunities: Business leaders invest in the St. John’s Board of Trade because they believe in our mandate to make St. John’s a better place to do business. We offer the following programs:
- Corporate Sponsorship Program
- Presenting Partner Program
- Event Sponsorship
- Marketing opportunities: Included in your annual membership fee is a listing in our yearly Business Directory and in our online directory. In addition to your contact information, a link to your corporate website will be added. You can further your marketing efforts by advertising in our quarterly publication Business News magazine. The magazine is themed by many of the industry sectors that our membership represents. Advertising on the website and in our weekly electronic newsletter is also available and presents a great opportunity to reach a broad audience.
- Affinity Programs: Your business needs great products and services at exceptional rates. The Affinity Program brings to the table affordable options that allow you to cut costs and offer products that enhance your business offerings. These nationally offered programs include:
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance Plan & Group RRSP Program
- ESSO Direct Driver Billing Program
- Johnson Preferred Home Auto and Travel Insurance
- First Data Discount Merchant Rates
- First Call – Human Resources
The Board represents your interests in a number of ways. We give you opportunities to meet new business partners and we put your issues and your needs in front of government decision-makers as we propose solutions for improving the business climate.
Not only does your membership give you access to benefits such as excellent insurance and banking rates, but it strengthens the hand of the St. John’s Board of Trade when we go to represent business needs to governments. Your immediate needs are met by affinity programs, networking and advertising opportunities and the chance to get more involved in the business community. And your needs are met by being a part of a group that speaks with one voice for over 800 businesses.
As a member, you might find one benefit of membership more appealing than the others, but all contribute to your ability to do business more successfully. And all are available to every member. The Board works hard to represent your needs in a number of ways, whether you have an immediate need or whether it is something that will help you in the long run.
The St. John’s Board of Trade uses email to contact its members about benefits, events and advocacy news. The St. John’s Board of Trade respects your right to privacy and will not distribute, sell or share your email address or our membership list outside of the purpose for which it was intended. If you would like your email address to be removed from our contact lists, either those for receiving our e-newsletter or from being published in our annual Business Directory, please contact our office and we will promptly delete your address.