Most months the Chair’s Business News Column is an opportunity to discuss issues important to the business community and to update members on the advocacy work we do on your behalf each and every day. In the August/September 2015 issue of Business News the 2015 Chair Kim Keating highlighted some of the programs and services we offer our members to help grow your business.
The St. John’s Board of Trade offers its members certain privileges, benefits and discounts. There are a variety of different programs in which members can take part.
Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan
Through Board of Trade membership, you can access the Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan. Designed with small business in mind, this program offers insurance benefits at premiere rates normally secured by larger corporations. It can do this because it has the buying power of a nationally pooled program. Through it, small businesses can obtain extended health benefits, regular dental, life insurance, and accidental death and dismemberment coverage, all at highly competitive rates.
Check out this video to see why this program could be a great fit for your business.
Chambers of Commerce Group RRSP program
St. John’s Board of Trade membership provides access to the Chambers of Commerce Group RRSP program. There are no administrative or annual fees, no minimum number of employees required and no company minimum annual investment required. Employer contribution limits start as low as $50 a month. This nationally pooled program is tailor-made for small business, providing access to Group RRSPs that are normally reserved for larger corporations.
Sinclair Billard + Weld
Esso Business and Fleet Card program
Members of the St. John’s Board of Trade receive a $0.035 per litre fuel discount off the retail posted pump price purchased in Canada at ESSO-branded service stations.
For more information or to obtain a Business Account Application click here or contact:
Sales Manager, Nova Scotia/Newfoundland
The St. John’s Board of Trade is pleased to announce an Affinity Program with First Call. For just pennies per employee per day, you will now have access to full scale Human Resource services and expertise, including legal consultation. Visit their website to learn more about their services. We encourage you to take advantage of their ‘first month free’ offer, and enroll at the discounted rate for Chamber Members!
The St. John’s Board of Trade has partnered with First Data Canada, a leader in the payments industry, to help your business Sell More and Save More. All member are provided exclusive low rates on merchant services; low credit and debit card processing costs, ecommerce tools, mobile payment apps, and a user-friendly online reporting tool to support and grow your business.
Visit www.ChamberMerchantServices.ca for more information on this exclusive offer and speak with a Merchant Advisor.
Grand & Toy Business Solutions
The St. John’s Board of Trade and its members benefit from exclusive savings up to 85% on a wide range of products.
Through the purchasing power of the Board of Trade, we are able to provide a specialized program that extends preferred pricing to all qualified members.
Advantages of Grand & Toy Partnership:
- Up to 85% OFF over 7,500 quality office products
- Consolidate & Save.Extensive selection across a wide array of product categories including; office supplies, technology, furniture, facility supplies, print and promotional products
- Convenient and Simple.Multiple methods of ordering: online, e-mail and phone
- Online user profile created for each member with access to your price list, order tracking and history, product sourcing and weekly promotions
- Award-winning customer service available to assist you with; order placing, product sourcing, tracking, and returns
- State-of-the-art warehouse facilities utilizing the latest technology to increase order accuracy and improve customer satisfaction
- Great ROI – savings through the program will easily offset your member dues
Click here for more information, or to sign up!
Johnson Inc. has been delivering high quality home and auto insurance to Canadians for more than 130 years. Today they are one of the country’s leading and fastest growing providers of insurance products and benefits. Their success is a direct result of their focus on doing what’s right for their customers and employees.
Canadian Chamber of Commerce members and their employees can take advantage of Johnson Inc.’s Preferred Service Home & Auto and MEDOC® Travel Insurance Plans.
For a no obligation Home and/or auto insurance quote, please call 1-800-563-0677 and reference the Canadian Chamber of Commerce group ID code: JC.
For MEDOC® Travel Insurance, please call 1-866-606-3362. Visit www.johnson.ca/chamber for more information.
Make the most out of your St. John’s Board of Trade membership and take advantage of some of the most competitive rates available on shipping services with the UPS Members Benefit Program. We’re excited to share this opportunity with you and enhance our members’ savings through UPS. See how you’ll save:
Small Package Services:
– 40% off shipments within Canada
– 40% off shipments to the U.S.
– 40% off shipments to worldwide destinations
– 40% off imports into Canada
– Savings start at 75% off on heavyweight, Less than Truckload shipments (150 lb. +)
– 30% off brokerage entry preparation fees
– Weekly service charge (automatic daily pickup): 100% waiver
– UPS On-Call Pickup® service: 100% waiver
– Freight Collect 3rd Party Surcharge: 100% waiver
The UPS Store®
– With The UPS Store ‘Get More’ card, you receive:
– 10% off printing, packaging, mailbox rentals
– Bonus Aeroplan® miles with every purchase
Put logistics to work for you. You can receive these discounts even if you already have a UPS account. It’s free to sign up and there are no minimum shipping requirements. To enroll and start saving, call 1-800-MEMBERS (1-800-636-2377), M-F, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. EST. Click to obtain The UPS Store ‘Get More’ card.
Helping you meet the challenges of day-to-day business.
- By leveraging the largest network in Canada, 50+ years of transportation and supply chain experience and a suite of logistics, technology and consultative services we are confident that partnering with Purolator can provide your membership with unparalleled value and the confidence that comes with selecting Canada’s premier transportation solutions provider.
- Member registration is extremely simple and there is virtually no administration required on the part of the St. John’s Chamber.
- A static, tiered discounting program starting at 25% off Courier services that provides flexibility for the diverse needs of your membership while supporting acquisition and retention initiatives
- We provide a turnkey marketing kit to promote the Purolator affinity program online. This includes everything needed to get started such as approved banners, graphics, program summary, content for email blitzes, newsletters, social media campaigns and a custom landing page if required.
- Your program is 100% supported and managed by Purolator. Our dedicated sales and support teams are positioned to provide best in class expertise and support including on-boarding and reporting/analytics.
Click for more information.