Doing Business in Other Provinces
- New Brunswick Opportunities Network
- Nova Scotia Procurement Services
- Prince Edward Island Tenders
- Alberta Purchasing Connection
- Government of Nunavut
Doing Business with the Federal Government
The St. John’s Board of Trade is involved with both the federal and provincial governments with the aim to improve procurement opportunities for their members.
We are lobbying for
- Consistent procedures and rules for all government tenders
- Mechanisms put in place to dialogue and educated bureaucrats involved in government procurement
- Improvement in the way specifications and tenders are drafted
We need to move our government tendering into the 21 Century.
Must Read: Spend Smarter, Not More, Leveraging the Power of Public Procurement by the Ontario Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Manufactures and Exporters.
The St. John’s Board of Trade is a member of a larger group of industry associations that lobby for changes to the provincial procurement legislation.
The St. John’s Board of Trade is involved with the Atlantic Supplier Advisory Council. Resources below.