On July 18 the Federal Government released a whitepaper containing alarming changes to the way Canadian businesses are taxed. We are very concerned about what the impacts will be on our members and the small business community.
The St. John’s Board of Trade is particularly concerned with:
- The tone of the document, implying entrepreneurs do not pay their fair share in tax
- Comparing entrepreneurs to employees
- Inadequate timelines for stakeholders to provide wholesome feedback
- The cost of compliance for business owners
- Unintended victims of the legislation
Please take a moment and speak out against the tax changes.