Current Newfoundland and Labrador Net Debt$
CHANGE THE CONVERSATION
- Be part of the solution
- Government needs your support to #HelpStopTheClock
- Support your MHA in stopping the clock.
- Ask them to meet their financial targets
- Encourage them to be innovative in their solutions to achieve better outcomes for our province
- Visit the St. John’s Board of Trade and sign the #HelpStopTheClock Banner
- We can’t afford to wait.
- Tough decisions will have to be made and we all have to be part of the solution.
- 40% – Per capita expenses in Newfoundland and Labrador are the highest in Canada, approximately 40 per cent higher than all other provinces.
- $24,000 and counting: Each Newfoundlander and Labradorian’s share of the net provincial debt.
- $2.2 billion: Our provincial deficit for the 2015-16 fiscal year.
- $12.7 billion: Our total net debt of March 31, 2016 – the highest level of net debt in the Province’s history.
IF WE CONTINUE TO DO NOTHING
- We will not have money to invest in our aging infrastructure such as roads, bridges, and hospitals.
- Governments will not be able to create and foster an environment that helps our province, our people and our businesses succeed.